Welcome to our practice. Dr. Abrahm sees patients 18 years or older. As a new patient, we would like to provide you some information about what to expect on your first visit.
- Please arrive at your appointment on time
- Please bring your current insurance card and a form of identification
- If you have downloaded our New Patient Forms, please give the completed documents to the receptionist.
- One of our back office staff will take a detailed medical history
- You can assist us by bringing a list of your current medications
Gastroenterology is a type of internal medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of problems related to the digestive tract. The digestive tract includes the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, liver, gall bladder, bile ducts and pancreas. These organs work together in the digestion of food and in countless processes necessary for normal body function.
Hepatology: The field of liver disease. The liver is the body's largest organ and hepatology is a large field. It includes, but is not limited to, the study of acute and chronic hepatitis, viral hepatitis, cirrhosis, genetic and metabolic liver diseases and their complications, liver cancer, liver transplantation, drug metabolism (which depends largely upon the liver), and immunology as it pertains to the liver.
Patients come to see us with a variety of symptoms. Some indicate problems with the stomach; some indicate problems in the bowels, liver or other organs. Sometimes patients have no symptoms but have abnormal laboratory or x-ray findings. We also see completely healthy patients for colon cancer screening.